Concurrent Session Onsite and Online
EDG2307. Digital Body Language: Punctuation, Channels, and Emojis, Oh My!
Have you ever received a text from your boss with exclamation points and questions marks and didn’t know if they were excited, confused, or mad? Or got caught up on what channel to communicate through? Or have you wondered if sending an emoji to the project lead through chat was too informal? Well, if you have, you are not alone. Many people struggle with how best to communicate especially in this more digital and remote world. Based on Erica Dhawan’s book, “Digital Body Language,” we will explore the digital elements of style, the four laws of digital body language, and digital body language across difference. Join me to dive into this critical interpersonal area to eliminate confusion and communicate better with others.
- Indicate what digital body language is
- Recognize why digital body language causes stress for many
- Identify how to read between the lines
- Distinguish between the four laws of digital body language: value visibly, communicate carefully, collaborate confidently, and trust totally
- Recall tips on how to communicate more effectively in the digital world
NASBA Field of Study
Communications and Marketing
0-2 years in the Profession