FVC2201. Opening Remarks | Chairs' Welcome & Introductions | Cost of Capital Ramifications of the Russia-Ukraine War and Global Inflationary Pressures
Global inflationary pressures in the post-pandemic recovery have forced major central banks to raise interest rates. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the protracted war in the region have added further pressure to global agricultural and other commodity prices. Both events have led to progressively weaker growth forecasts for the U.S. and other economies. This session will discuss how these events have impacted cost of capital assumptions and how valuations may be impacted as a result.
- Analyze the impact of fiscal policy on real GDP growth during the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent recovery, as well as how it affected inflationary pressures
- Determine the impact of major central banks’ monetary policies on safe-haven government bond yields and the current rising interest rate environment
- Evaluate the impact of the Russia-Ukraine on global inflationary pressures
- Identify industries most impacted by the pandemic and from the more recent inflationary pressures
- Calculate the adjustments that may be needed for projected growth in cash flows and discount rates