FVC2241. Money Laundering / Terrorist Financing - Foundations to Emerging Typology Detection
· An analysis of AICPA AML/CTF survey results; · Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing foundational knowledge (e.g. definitions, regulations, and AML programs); · Considerations for accountants and forensic accountants; and · ML/TF typology (e.g. Crypto Tumblers/ Deep Web (P2P)/ Gaming Sites/ Hawala) detection through the use of regulatory technologies (regtech), open source, and compliance reporting
- Analyze current understanding of accountants and forensic accountants knowledge of the AML/ CTF landscape.
- Use foundational knowledge regarding Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing.
- Determine specific ways accountants and forensic accountants may be involved with Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing.
- Identify complex ML/TF typologies and the ways the regtech/ aml practitioners are adjusting to identify, investigate and report.