NAA23101. Efficient and Effective Internal Control Compliance
IN PERSON ONLY INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP - INCLUDED IN YOUR ALL-ACCESS PASS (Additional Fee for 3 Day Pass Holders).
In this workshop we will dig deep into the AICPA requirement to assesses internal controls and identify control weaknesses. The revised AU-C 315 (Environment) provides further emphasis on this requirement and increases the emphasis on the Information Technology General Controls Principle, a frequent source of quality comments. Through exercises and discussion topics we will clarify the real purpose and value of this audit requirement and how to achieve compliance efficiently and effectively. The session will share best practices from others and amongst participants. Enhanced knowledge will increase your confidence in understanding of internal controls, enhance your mentoring effectiveness, improve audit quality and your enjoyment of the subject matter.
The workshop developer, Lynford Graham, CPA, PhD, CFE, CIDA is an AICPA trainer for the COSO Certification Course, and Chair of the AICPA Risk Assessment… Guide (2006 to date), Chair of the audit chapter of the Revenue Recognition A&A Guide (2019) and Chair of the AICPA Audit Sampling Guide (2008 to date). He was an ASB member and implementation Task Force chair for the Suite of Risk Assessment Standards first introduced in 2005-2006.
Participants may wish to formulate questions based on their existing approaches and forms and may wish to bring Firm materials or forms to the workshop for further group or one-on-one discussion.
- Develop an enhanced understanding of the COSO Framework and linkages to the AICPA audit requirements under AU-C 315.
- Identify common inefficiencies observed in audit practice and easy solutions.
- Identify the risks to your Firm of ineffective controls assessment practices.
- Illustrate new ways to think about internal controls through exercises and cases.
- Identify common quality deficiencies and simple solutions.
- Illustrate effective and efficient documentation practices.