Pre-Conference Optional Workshops Additional Fee
PFP23102A. Building Your Tax and Financial Planning Advisory Business Workshop: How to Secure, Price, and Structure the PFP Engagement
- Review engagement activities as defined by the Statement on Standards in Personal Financial Planning Services, No. 1
- Discuss methods to identify your ideal client and secure the PFP engagement
- Determine how to price the PFP engagement
- Walk through how to structure typical client meetings included in the PFP engagement:
- Initial complementary consultation and data gathering
- Creation of Statement(s) of Financial Position and Cash Flow
- Estate planning
- Risk management planning
- Investment planning
- Retirement/Financial independence planning
- Planning for ancillary services like education and elder planning
- Reflection time for participants
- Determine how to structure a PFP engagement in alignment with the AICPA PFP standards.
- Identify how to structure the typical client meetings from estate planning to retirement planning and more.
- Recognize methods to secure and price a PFP engagement.
- Determine how to identify your ideal client.
NASBA Field of Study
Business Management & Organization
3-4 years in the Profession